blob: e9b23f68aee4138418bcceb3425087c9f29a4365 (plain
News for Gitano
This document lists important things to know about changes to Gitano between
one release and the next. It is arranged in reverse-version-order, with the
newest NEWS at the top.
Changes since v1.0
* A set of rules were added to the default ruleset which supports a simple
form of delegated access control by means of two lists in the project
configuration. This is currently not considered a core behaviour and
as such is subject to change. Once it is considered core, it will be
documented in the admin manual.
* A (currently unsupported) plugin for git_multimail.py integration has been
added. It is not installed by default and currently carries a separate
README alongside it. Once it is stabilised and considered core, it will
be documented in the admin manual.
* Further Yarn scenarios were added to support verification of behaviour from
* The test suite was improved to test HTTP more thoroughly, resulting in a
number of small tweaks and improvements being made.
* LUA_INIT is now passed through in the test suite which means increased
portability for testing on targets such as Nix.
* A 'Hook' concept has been added to Gitano's core. It is not considered
stable API at this point. This is separate from Git hooks and is an internal
implementation detail for allowing plugins to hook into certain events.
* Repositories will now be re-owned when renaming a user.
* Documentation was updated regarding 'Git hooks'
* `server-info` files are now created when repositories are created, ensuring
that the HTTP interface will work on brand new repos
* `gitano-setup` now supports reading an answer file from stdin (good for
* `gitano-setup` now reads all answer files supplied (this was a bug, as
previously we only read the first one)
* Fix a bug in the HTTP supple action to supply a content type in POST.
* Added a NEWS file